Terms and Conditions
Last updated: 20 July 2022
Rock the Tok is a creative competition that recognises outstanding TikTok creative campaigns by winning their creators and agencies an award. Agency teams of up to three individuals are encouraged to submit their best TikTok creatives to be judged by a selection of panelists from TikTok and the industry, to crown 3 winners as Best in Class campaigns.
We, TikTok Pte. Ltd with its registered address at 1 Raffles Quay, #26-10, South Tower, Singapore 048583 (the “Promoter”, “Us”) are the operator and promoter of this Contest.
1. How to Enter
To enter this Contest you must fulfil the Entry Criteria below between 20 July, 2022 00:00 and 11 August, 2022 23:59 (the “Contest Term”). Any entries outside of the Contest Term are ineligible and will not be counted.
There is no purchase or entrance fee of any kind required to enter the Contest.
2. Entry Criteria
To enter this Contest, you should:
- Access the Contest website at www.rockthetok.net (“Website”)
- Complete and submit the Contest entry form found on the Website during the Contest Term;
- As part of your entry, upload the TikTok creative associated with your chosen campaign and campaign category in the specified file formats (MP4, MOV, AVI up to a maximum size of 25MB);
- You must complete the entry form with all information requested and you must comply with the Contest Eligibility Criteria below.
The entry submitted must have been published on the TikTok platform within the specified campaign period of 01 January, 2022 00:00 to 30 June, 2022 23:59 (“Campaign Period”).
- must only be entered in teams of a maximum of 3 people who represent a creative, content, social, or media agency. Permission must be sought from the respective agency for the teams to proceed with their entry to the Contest.
- must be original, exclusively created and owned by you, and you must have all rights necessary to submit the Entry, including written permission from anyone (or if under 18, written permission from their parent or legal guardian) featured in your Entry;
- must have been produced in a safe and responsible manner, having due regard for the physical, mental and moral effects to all individuals involved;
- must comply with our Content Guidelines and your local law, and TikTok reserves the right to remove any entry and/or disqualify any participant who does not comply with these Terms, the Content Guidelines and/or applicable laws;
- must not violate or infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, moral rights, other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; and
- must not contain material that is inappropriate, obscene, defamatory, libellous, threatening, pornographic, racially or ethnically offensive, unlawful, or encourages conduct that would violate any law as determined by us.
- must have been published on the TikTok platform within the Campaign Period.
- must not contain third-party trademarks, logos or other third party intellectual property without the proper authorisation from the respective third party.
- must comply with these Contest Terms, the Website terms, the TikTok platform terms and your local law, and TikTok reserves the right to remove any Entry/video/content or disqualify any participant who does not comply with these Terms, the website terms, the TikTok platform terms and/or the applicable laws;
By entering the Contest, you confirm that: i) your Entry complies with the Entry Crtieria; ii) you have secured all requisite consents for any third party referenced or included in your Entry. For the avoidance of doubt, TikTok is not responsible for any claims arising from the Entry including, but not limited to, claims for intellectual property infringement and privacy rights violations.
To enter you must be resident in the following countries only: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Egypt, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Morocco, Jordan, Lebanon, or Iraq, be aged 18 or above, agree with and comply with these Terms, correctly enter the Contest as set out above. In entering the Contest, you confirm you meet the eligibility requirements and the Entry Criteria. Individuals entering the Contest must still work for the same agency that published the Entry during the Campaign Period.
We may request proof of your age or employment at any point following entry. Officers, directors and employees of TikTok Pte. Ltd and our parents, subsidiaries and affiliates are not eligible to enter this Contest. Entries from agents or those automatically generated by a computer program, or other automatic method will not be accepted. We reserve the right to refuse an entry from any person, at our sole and absolute discretion. You are responsible for ensuring that you can enter under the laws and regulations of your country of residence.
We reserve the right to disqualify you at any time, if, in our absolute discretion, we believe that you have contravened any of these Terms or if you will or could bring us or our partners into disrepute. If we disqualify you, you must return any Prize and we may substitute another winner in your place.
Once Entries have been submitted during the Contest Term, 3 winners will be chosen by Us in accordance with the Judging Criteria below (the “Winners”) and each Winner shall receive a Rock the Tok trophy (for up to 3 individuals) and the agency which they represent (“Prize”).
Please note that the prize does not include gifts or monetary prizes.
Prizes may be subject to further terms of the prize organiser.
The Prizes will only be available to TikTok entrants residing in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Egypt, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Morocco, Jordan, Lebanon, or Iraq.
Prizes are not transferable; no substitutions or cash equivalents are allowed except by the Promoter who reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value in the event of non-availability. No financial or other compensation will be made for any other use of the Entry.
The Prize winner is responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses in relation to their Prize.
5. Judging Criteria
The Winner(s) of the Contest will be determined by a panel of TikTok, industry experts from The Marketing Society, and a number of pre-selected creative experts as detailed on the Contest Website based on a number of factors for different categories, including but not limited to the completeness of the Entry(ies), metrics and engagement and the creative merits of the content included in the Entry.
6. Notification and Receiving your Prize
We will notify winners via TikTok notification and/or email within two weeks from the last day of the Contest Term with details of the claim process for your prize. If we cannot contact you or you don’t claim your prize within 48 hours of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw your prize and pick a replacement Winner. We are not responsible for unsuccessful efforts to notify any potential winner. Please check TikTok and email messages regularly, including your ‘junk’ folders.
When we contact you we may require further information to arrange the delivery/organisation of your Prize. Once you have fulfilled all requirements detailed in the notification message, we will organise delivery of the relevant Prize, and all winners will be publicly announced on the Website.
We shall either publish or make information available as proof that Prizes were awarded. We shall publish the surname, country and agency name of the Prize winners and share their winning entries on the Rock the Tok Website. If you object to any or all of your surname, country and Entry being published in this way, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that this information may need to be shared with the relevant regulatory bodies at their request.
7. Limitations of liability
Insofar as permitted by law, we will not assume any responsibility or liability for any inaccurate or failed electronic data transmission, nor and inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet or TikTok. We do not exclude or limit our liability for personal injury or death caused by its negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability that may not, by law, be limited or excluded.
We, to the fullest extent permitted by law, assume no liability whatsoever in relation to any direct or indirect damage, loss, or any injury suffered by any entrant, as a result of accepting and/or use of any Prize, or the use or disclosure of your provided information.
8. Intellectual Property Rights
If you submit a video or content as part of your Contest Entry, you retain ownership of your pre-existing underlying intellectual property (or hold the required license to use the submitted content) subject to granting us a non-exclusive, worldwide, fully paid, royalty-free, transferable license, for the maximum duration of rights afforded under applicable law to reprint, display, reproduce, perform, use, and exhibit your entry for the purpose of administering and promoting the Contest and for our marketing and advertising purposes in any medium. For the avoidance of doubt, You shall ensure that any and all third party branding or intellectual property included in your Entry shall be cleared with the respective licensors so that You can freely submit the Entry into this Contest and comply with the Terms, and the content of the Entry can be posted on the Contest Website should you be selected as a Winner.
9. Personal Data
In the event of exceptional circumstances outside of our control, we reserve the right to cancel or amend the Contest or these Terms at any time.
If any of these clauses are found to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then they shall be deleted from these Terms and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
We will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing our obligations under these Terms if an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond our reasonable control prevents us from doing so.
Subject to the operation of local consumer laws, these Terms will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and any disputes will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. However, this clause shall not deprive you from benefiting from the mandatory provisions of the law of your country of residence or from bringing any action in front of the competent courts of your country of residence.
These Terms form the entire terms and conditions of this Rock the Tok Contest.